What is actually PPC advertising?
The abbreviation PPC is used again and again and is often confused with CPC. In this blog post, we would like to explain what PPC advertising is and how companies can use it specifically for their online marketing. Here we go!
PPC (Pay Per Click)
In the broadest sense, PPC describes a paid ad format that is used in particular in the well-known search engines. In this context, PPC stands for “Pay Per Click”, which includes the billing model. This is about the fact that the advertiser pays for the reach on platforms based on performance and can thus achieve targeted reach. The term CPC (Cost Per Click) is often used in connection with PPC advertising, which rather takes into account the cost model behind the PPC advertising format.
In addition to advertising on well-known search engines such as Google or Bing, PPC formats are also found on social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram. The advertising format is also used in affiliate marketing, where the advertiser bills on a performance basis.
Areas of application of PPC in online marketing
PPC ads are used in all sub-areas of performance online marketing and help websites be more frequented than if they only relied on search engine optimization or backlinks from other websites. PPC has a long tradition, especially in search engine marketing.
Advertising spaces are made available in the search engine for each search query, and these advertising spaces can be booked by companies in a bidding process. The ranking position is assigned based on the set maximum click price and the quality factor. It is important to know that companies only pay for the click on the advertisement and not for the impression (visibility). Thus, the advertiser only gets visitors to their own website who are interested in their services and products with their existing PPC budget.
For these reasons, you should use PPC.
1. You only pay for advertising if it generates interest. This means that costs only arise if you are noticed and the user clicks on your ad consciously.
2. With PPC, you achieve a sustainable increase in your reach as a company. In addition to the non-monetary channels, you can generate additional traffic for your own website with PPC advertising.
3. With ads in search engines, you are close to your target group, which is likely to be enthusiastic about your product or service.
4. Full cost control thanks to PPC advertising: With daily budgets and maximum click prices, you can precisely control your PPC advertising and counteract any negative developments.
5. Hardly any wastage With PPC advertising, you are in the middle of the target group.
PPC advertising in social media advertising
In addition to search engine marketing and affiliate marketing, PPC advertising is also used in SMA (social media advertising). Here you have the possibility, for example, to place targeted ads for your services or products with Facebook advertising and thus achieve more reach for your company. Other measures, such as remarketing, can also be used as part of PPC advertising in order to increase the return on investment in the long term.
Conclusion on PPC advertising
PPC advertising belongs in every online marketing portfolio and helps to ensure that your products or services can be found online more easily. Use the potential of PPC advertising and start with Google AdWords, for example. We are happy to support you in setting up a suitable PPC advertising strategy!